Do you want to be part of a growing Nordic fintech company currently on a winning streak? Are you a skilled negotiator with a Bachelor or Masters degree in law, finance or business administration? Aptic recently launched a new SaaS platform for the financial service industry and has many existing and new contracts to be managed and negotiated. Does this sound exciting to you? Then you might be the person we are looking for! Please apply to this role today and join our team of passionate and competent people!
The primary objective of the role is to provide contracting support to enable fast deal closure and support the business to ensure customer and commercial success by professional and smart contracting. We are commercially minded, fast-paced and you will be surrounded by bright and passionate people that love their job and company. You will be reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer based in Oslo.
Included in the role will be owning our contract framework, contract drafting, negotiations, recommendations to the business and management, structure contract monitoring and maintenance as well as change management.
You will also contribute and in some cases lead the bid management on selected prospects from RFx to contracts supported by a sales executive and bid delivery team.
We are not looking for a hard-core lawyer (we use external legal consultants) but a business savvy, commercially driven, execution-focused and communicative team-player. You have experience from complex contract management in a SaaS environment.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Contract drafting, evaluation, negotiation, and execution. This will include customer-, supplier- and other 3rd party- and subcontractor contracts.
- Continuous development and improvement of Aptic’s contractual framework covering (vertical) SaaS and software license contracts, including project contracts, LOI, NDAs, DPA’s and more.
- Participate and lead negotiations to achieve the best outcomes for Aptic and clients
- Work with business and finance to identify and set appropriate contract levers affecting revenue cost and profit.
- Take lead in internal coaching regarding contractual considerations, obligations, risks and potential.
- Develop and implement contract management procedures and policies
- Lead and support ongoing contract maintenance, renewals, renegotiations, and change orders. Knowledge of House of Control contract management solution is a plus but not a prerequisite.
- Create and maintain relationships with clients and suppliers and serve as the single point of contact for matters concerning contracts.
- Support and or carry out a legal audit and risk assessment to identify areas that can be improved and risk to be mitigated.
- Take lead in responding to security assessment, tender documents and other legal and compliance matters from customers or in sales processes. Establish a database of past answers to improve efficiency.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in law, finance or business administration with at least 3 years post qualification experience.
- Relevant experience as a contract manager (or similar position) with exposure to negotiations of complex, customised solutions in a financial market environment.
- Relevant experience with (vertical) SaaS technology contracts.
- Skilled negotiator and communicator.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong understanding of contract law, with practical experience drafting and reviewing, negotiating commercial contracts, including experience with SaaS contractual principles and governance.
- Business acumen to understand the risks, rewards, and trade-offs inherent in making decisions regarding customer contracts. Ability to assess “deal-value” vs concessions in negotiations.
- Solid experience managing complex commercial issues and understanding main commercial principles
- Stamina to handle many complex documents at once and see them through to completion with a high degree of accuracy.
- Experience with tenders and procurement.
- Proficiency using MS Office applications
- Diplomatic skills, resolving issues and conflicts with customers and suppliers
- Structured, organised and responsive. Ability to keep track of ongoing processes, contractual maintenance and deliver quick turnaround in negotiation processes.
- Team player. Good collaborating skills, open and sharing.
- Norwegian or Swedish
- Professional business English (most contracts are in English)
Aptic is an international fintech company who currently deliver our solutions in 10 countries, with ambitions to expand in both new geographies and new products. Our business model is developing towards SaaS, and our mission is “To create innovative and sustainable solutions for the financial services industry”.
Aptic delivers solutions within banking, finance and BNPL. We provide software solutions for debt collection, factoring, lending, BNPL and leasing, and our customers include Nordea Finance, SEB, Komplett Bank, Jula and Collector Bank. We enable innovation and growth for our customers, whilst ensuring that our solutions are robust and user-friendly.
What we can offer
Working at Aptic is fun, challenging and fulfilling. If you join us, you will find yourself in a team of smart individuals where your competence and strengths will be appreciated and further developed. The key to success is the combination of a good product and our awesome employees!
We are Aptic and we are Ambitious, Professional, Talented, Inspiring and Committed!